screw in the dishwasher

Old 09-11-11, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question screw in the dishwasher

so i installed a dishwasher last week and of course i dropped the final screw and of course it went down into the hole never to be seen again(hopefully) the screw was quite small(it had to be to go into this hole) i was hoping because of the size it would go throw but now im begining to worry. the dishwasher was used 3 times and no issue but im begining to worry now. Think im o.k? its a new samsung if thats any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-11, 07:45 AM
Group Moderator
Received 69 Votes on 61 Posts
Not familiar with the Samsung DWs but on others you remove the bottom rack, and there is a place where the water and junk goes. Remove that with removing the screws. You will like find it there. If not, I suspect it is gone.

Old 09-11-11, 07:48 AM
Question removed the rack

removed that with the spinner and i went into a very small hole under that. Where does it go after that? just wondering if this might be a problem in the future if it can get caught it something eventually. I should have definately put a towel down there.

Old 09-11-11, 11:39 AM
Group Moderator
Received 69 Votes on 61 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but the hole leads to the discharge pump which pumps the water out to the sink. If the screw is small enough to go through the hole then I would bet it went through the pump to the drain.

Maybe pull the sink trap and see if it is there??

Old 09-11-11, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I'm wondering what screw during the install was that small? The only ones I ever had to remove/replace were for the electrical connection box (door closed) and the tabs that screw to the counter to prevent tipping.

Just curious.

Old 09-13-11, 08:16 AM
Post the screw was

one of the ones in the bracket that holds the clips to the counter(pretty crappy mounting system for sure).