Roper by Whirlpool Washer Direct Drive Machine wont spin, please help

Old 10-21-11, 07:57 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Roper by Whirlpool Washer Direct Drive Machine wont spin, please help

I'm having issues and was hoping someone could provide some advice. I do not have the funds to pay a repair man to come take a look. My washer is a Roper Direct Drive it stopped working when it got to the spin cycle the machine was left with about a 1/4 tub of water in it. With the help of a friend and youtube we were able to get it apart and found one of my daughter's socks jammed in the plastic washer pump. It was jammed in there good but once I got it out and we put it back together, it leaked in the centre where it hooks to the drive shaft so I figured the seal was broke and ordered an new one online for $60.00. Got it home and all back together thinking I had done a good job. However I turned the washer back on to find out that the same thing is happening, it wont do anything when it gets to the spin cycle. Someone said if I seen brokern rubber or plastic it could be the coupler but there was nothing on the floor. It was at first making a ticking noice when I tried to advance it to the spin cycle but it now does nothing. I can't afford a technician or a new washer so help in the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Old 10-22-11, 05:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Sounds like a lid switch, be sure you plugged it back in when you assembled washer
To check lid switch. Find slot in top under lid. Put hand under switch and lift up. Use a pen or small screwdriver and push down on lever with washer in spin. turn on and if washer spins you need a lid switch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: