Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Household Cleaning, Kitchen Appliance Service and Repairs > >Electric< Large Kitchen and Home Appliances
Reload this Page >

GE Oven Gets Code F9 When Cooling Fan Stops and Control Circuit Area Overheats

Old 11-16-11, 01:00 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I have a GE Profile model PK916SOM1SS wall oven. This oven does well for up to an hour, then the fan that keeps the control circuit panel cool inexplicably stops running, the control circuit panel gets very hot, and the oven displays F9 or "lock error".

A service technician has replaced the control board, and I have replaced the oven temperature sensor, to no avail. I have read about thermal switches for both the oven and fan, but it seems if the thermal switch wasn't working the fan would never come on.

Any ideas?

Old 02-25-12, 10:42 AM
B
FYI, I ordered 2 parts for the oven and installed them myself: PS236641 (LIMIT SWITCH-ERC) and PS1559714 (SWITCH LIMIT). Total cost for the parts was about $26. These two switches are near each other and look very similar. (I read a post that ovens of this model had the same switch installed in both places; this may have been true for my oven.) At any rate after replacing both these switches the problem has gone away. Hurrah! My oven will run like it's supposed to!

Old 11-18-13, 08:11 AM
C
Level of difficulty

How difficult was it to replace the switches?

Old 11-18-13, 08:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,531 Votes on 1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Charles.....

Post the make and model of your unit and we'll help you out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: