le error on samsung dishwasher???

Old 12-04-11, 05:54 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
le error on samsung dishwasher???

Hi.... I had to pull our samsung dishwasher out because it had a 5e error which is a drainage problem. I had to take it out on the deck and turn it on its side to get to the bottom where the drain pipe hooks to the pump. The plate i took off for access had a sensor mounted on it, that detects any water thus shutting down the machine and giving the le error code. When i disconnected the drain line from the pump and looked into the pipe there was a small rubber piece about the same size as the pipe stuck in there a couple of inches, it was turned at an angle so a little flow of water could get thru but not much. I don't know where nor how it got in there or if it was some kind of knock out plug or what. I took my water hose and flushed out the pipe and pump, by holding the water hose on to the end of the drain pipe and letting it back wash thru and out the connection where the water supply goes. Anyways i must have got some water on the plate where the sensor is but i did not notice any when i re-installed it. After getting the unit installed and hooked back up and turned it on i put it on an 11 minute rinse cycle and it filled and worked fine til it got to the last minute and the le error came on during the drain although it seems to have draind ok. What i'm wondering is if there was a little water on the pan will it dry off and the error go away, or am i going to have to remove the thing again. I did all this yesterday Dec 3rd and today it is still showing the le code. At least i don't have the 5e drain error anymore. But with le code showing it will not do anything when cut on except flas that code. I just switched it off at the wall switch and keep checking every few hours. sorry for the long explanation, thanks

Old 12-09-11, 05:05 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Found the leak problem.. there was a very small crack in the drain hose where it goes up the side of the dishwasher and makes a sharp bend and back down. The leak was at the very top. A friend i know that works on appliances gave me a much shorter hose that was made for maytag, but had the same ends. He told me to just hook it to the pump,out the exit hole and make sure it goes up and over wall of cabinet then down to disposer hook-up, so water cannot back up toward washer. I installed it and it seems to work better than ever,probably because the maytag hose is a little bigger in diameter than the samsung hose. Maybe this will help someone else with this same problem, plus the hose only cost me 5 bucks,used but better quality. Btw the samsung hose was 12'-6'' long and this one is about half that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: