Bosch dishwasher rinsing problems

Old 12-14-11, 12:46 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bosch dishwasher rinsing problems

I have a Bosch dishwasher that will not rinse correctly. I rinse the dishes before i put them in and when i take them out after the cycle they have food particles all over them. I have tried changing soap. I use cascade powder and the rinse aid but nothing works. I have noticed that if you take out the filter in the bottom there is always water left in it. The door and everything always has the food particles all over it. The drain hose does not have the droop in it right before the garbage disposal because its not long enough. could that be the problem. I did check to make sure the garbage disposal did not have a plug in it. Don't know what other direction to go. Please help me. I'm desperate since my husband won't help me.

Old 12-14-11, 05:14 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 751 Votes on 690 Posts
It is normal for there to be some water in the bottom. Usually it's not visible but if you remove the filters you will see some.

How long have you had this problem? Has it been like this since the washer was new or has it started happening recently? Which wash cycle are you using?

Old 12-14-11, 05:40 PM
M
I have had the dishwasher for one year and it has had this problem since i bought it. I have had someone come and look at it a few months after i got it and they said that nothing was wrong with it and try and change my soap. I did that and it has continued to do the same thing. I bought it from lowes and the service guy that they have in my area is some young kid that knows nothing, in my opinion, so i have not called them again on it. I have just put up with it till now. I want to fix it since i paid 700 bucks for it. I have tried to use every different cycle on it. It has economony wash, power scrub, regular wash, quick wash. i have tried them all and it does the same thing on all the cycles.

Old 12-14-11, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 141 Votes on 110 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Not an expert, but I'm going to guess this might be a plumbing problem and not a problem with the dishwasher.
Maybe someone here can help better or you maybe consider calling in a plumber.

Old 12-15-11, 05:58 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 751 Votes on 690 Posts
Which cycle are you using?

The Bosch (and many other modern, quiet dishwashers) operates quite differently than a traditional dishwasher. Older/traditional dishwashers blast water around at relatively high pressure which is great for getting in and around poorly loaded dishes and at removing food debris but it's noisy. The Bosch pumps the water at a lower pressure. It's quieter but loading of the dishes becomes much more critical to insure that water can reach all areas of the dishes. If they are not loaded properly some food debris may not be knocked off the dishes until later in the cycle like when rinsing. Also try running the pot scrubber or heaviest duty setting. It takes a long time but it's the only one that reliably produces good results on my Bosch.

Do you have well or city water? Do you know if your water is hard or soft? Prior to adding a water softener to our house (I'm on a well) our Bosch was sensitive to the soap used. I think the soap combined with the tons of calcium in our water would form deposits that clog the filter screen in the bottom (the round, can shaped one). When the screen gets partially clogged I noticed in increase in particles left on the dishes when it gets really clogged running the dishwasher is almost useless. Some brands of soap seemed to make the problem worse.

Since the Bosch does not have a heated dry cycle it is very important that you keep the rinse agent reservoir filled to help the dishes dry and to prevent spotting. Having the dial set to the middle works well for our type of water.

Old 12-17-11, 08:16 AM
M
I have been using all the cycles to try and see if one works better than another and they all work the same. I did notice that when i filled it really full the dishes came out really dirty, but when i fill it barely they do the same thing. I have city water and I think that the water is about med to hard water. My screen in the bottom is rarely filled with something. i check it every time i start a load which is every day. I will try running the heavest cycle today and maybe running a cleaner with it also. This forum is awesome and thanks for all the help from everyone.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: