whirlpool washer fills with water then stops

Old 01-11-12, 01:02 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
whirlpool washer fills with water then stops

Is it possible the lid switch is somewhat defective even though I had it checked with a volt meter at an appliance repair store and they said it was fine? I thought I read hear that the lid switch was wired to the motor also.

Thanks Jeff

Old 01-11-12, 04:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Post model # can help better. It fills with water, does it make any noise when it stops?

Old 01-11-12, 09:28 PM
J
Yes, I can hear the timer for about 10 seconds and then nothing for 30-40 seconds, then the timer does its sound for 10 seconds then nothing for 30-40 seconds etc...I will try and get the model number.

Jeff

Old 01-12-12, 07:25 AM
J
The model number for this washer is LSQ9030PQ1

Old 01-12-12, 09:24 AM
J
I put the jumper wire on the lid switch plug and the same thing happened when the lid switch was connected concluding it is not the lid switch. The timer hummed and cycled like I described earlier. Next I took the motor out to inspect the coupler and it seems fine. No rounded areas and white pins are intact. Any ideas what to look for next? I'm thinking the timer might be bad. Is there a way to check that?

Jeff

Old 01-12-12, 03:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
put5 the motor on but leave the pump off. I always leave hoses connected. Try the washer in spin. need lid closed or switch jumped, If runs you most likely have a sock stuck in pump.

Old 04-30-12, 09:37 AM
R
Lid switch is not initally involved with washer not starting to agitate after filling with water. What you need to find out is whether voltage is getting to the motor or not once the water fill has stopped.
If not, if the washer has a timer , it is likely that a timer contact is not working. There should be a wiring diagram located underneath the top display panel. This should help in determining where the voltage to the motor should be coming from.
I have a Whirlpool washer model 110-92595200 direct drive which has a touch panel. It pulled this same trick of filling up and then not going into agitate. The problem was on the relay circuit board (pn3407099) . A solder connection was bad on the board. Had to take board out in order to see it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: