Samsung WF330ANW Front Load Washer Tub Bearing ??/

Old 01-24-12, 06:35 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Samsung WF330ANW Front Load Washer Tub Bearing ??/

Hello,

I am looking for any service techs that may be able to answer this. Can you replace the main tub bearings on the Samsung WF330ANW front load washer? I have not had any luck in my searches for it. I am looking to replace my current GE POS front load washer due to its main bearing being shot. Of course they designed that one to only be available as part of the rear tub costing $410. Not worth the repair cost. I have found videos for some other model front loaders that you can buy the bearing set and seals and with quite a bit of labor work (which is no big deal for me) split the tub, tap out the old and press in the new. I understand it seems almost all of these front load washers have some sort of issues, but this one seemed rated pretty well. My concern is I don't want to buy one and have one of the main wear items cost me more to replace than its worth.

I appreciate any information you folks could provide. Thanks.

Old 01-24-12, 12:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Most front loaders you replace the rear tub and basket when bearings go out. there have been some aftermarket ways to replace bearings. As pro we always replace tub and basket. I personally like the LG's better but some of our other guys like the Samsung

Old 01-24-12, 01:42 PM
M
Well that is disappointing. I have seen videos where you are able to split the tub and just have the back half to remove bearing and seal and replace. You bring up my biggest dilemma right now. LG or Samsung. Of course the LG model was much more $$ but it seems no matter which of these two I research they both have complaints.

Old 01-25-12, 02:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Personal choice, I like LG's better

Old 01-25-12, 03:15 PM
M
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately due to cost right now we ordered a Samsung. Estimated arrival time 2/28 !? Didn't think it would take that long. I wish they made these things better. My wife bought a used Maytag top loader and dryer set well over 15 years ago. The top loader failed some time in 2003. We still have and use the dryer. I usually open it up and clean it out every 6 months or so. I just replaced the belt that was original (shredded but hanging on). I would love to get a "matching" dryer to go with the more modern washer, but the way things are made now forget it ! I looked up what I felt would be a common failure item on the dryer for parts (motor / heating element). Most expensive part $162. For that price and its reliability I will hang on to it. Don't fix it if ain't broke...right ?
If I were rich I would buy one of these laundromat industrial type front loaders. Wascomat I found looks like it could last, but I could not find a price anywhere...I figure they are big $$$$

Old 01-26-12, 03:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
As long as you keep the vent to outside clean your dryer will last a looooong time. Very seldom have repairs on your dryer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: