Kenmore 80 series washer not spinning

Old 01-24-12, 08:24 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore 80 series washer not spinning

Hello
I have a kenmore 80 series, 110.26852504 washer. It started to not spin when we had heavy loads, like sheets, towels. But smaller loads were fine. Sometimes, I have to empty it,then start the spin cycle and if it's spinning I would add the clothes and it worked.today it wont spin. It agitates and drains, and the spin cycle runs itself and it sounds like it is running, but when I open it midway, I can see its not spinning. I have never ever fixed anything...but can't shell out any money this month....can this be fixed at home. I am not sure if I should start with lid switch, or coupler ...or if it's something else that needs to fixed. Thank you!

Old 01-25-12, 04:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Look inside cabinet about 6 inches from floor you you may see a streak of oil. If there you need a gearcase top seal, clutch and drive coupler. lean washer back against wall to look under it.Look inside cabinet about 6 inches you you may see a streak of oil. If there you need a gearcase top seal, clutch and drive coupler

Old 01-25-12, 08:52 AM
B
I don't see any oil streak...its all pretty clean!
And while at it..I tried to run the spin cycle...and today it is in a good mood working fine with a very small load. But I am sure it won't last. Any other suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Old 01-25-12, 02:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
usual reasons for no spin 1 bad lid switch (would not run in spin)2,oil leak from gearcase, something under basket. (slight chance)

Old 01-25-12, 02:35 PM
B
I did think ...I was loosing my kids socks! It could be stuck under there?

Old 01-26-12, 04:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Socks usually end up in water pump and you would have a no run in any mode. would have to be something bigger and usually would not spin at all. Is there any oil dripping from gearcase. I keep going back to there because that is where I always find your problem. Oil leaks out of top seal and gets into clutch causing it to slip. Try this put washer into spin (will have to hold lid switch down) try to hold basket from spinning when it starts. If you can hold it easily the clutch is slipping. If it takes a lot of pressure to hold it probably ok

Old 01-26-12, 03:22 PM
B
The lid switch is somewhere inside....the panel...so I will have To wait till the weekend...will need some help with that. Thanks...will try that and post again.

Old 01-27-12, 03:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Try tightening the hinge screws on the left side. If they are loose the switch will not work right. Sorry I missed your model # in first post and did not seem like a switch problem, If a switch problem it should not drain also.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: