Kenmore side by side ice maker not working

Old 02-08-12, 09:54 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore side by side ice maker not working

I have a Kenmore side by side model 25358082898. I have had the water shut off to it for several days because the filter housing had cracked and was leaking. I purchased a new housing and filter also and installed them yesterday. Now that I have turned the water back on the ice maker is not working. I can hear the water come on and it sounds like the tray is filling with water but when I check there is no water in the tray. The water in the door is working fine so I know water is coming thru the system. Any ideas?? Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-12, 11:36 AM
W
Ice maker stopped working

The same problem happened to me after shutting the water off for a few hours. Did you ever get this resolved?

Old 07-13-12, 10:30 PM
L
I also have a similar problem. I have a Kenmore side by side model 10659292991. It will be 13 years old in September. The ice maker is making ice and the water dispenser is working. But the ice dispenser will not work. I changed the water filter this month. I think my problem is with the ice bin bucket. But I have not called a repairman. I don't want to call Sears because they want $69.00 where I live just to come. So, I haven't decided yet what to do. No, I don't have an answer to your problem. If you think you know what could be my problem, let me know.

Old 07-14-12, 11:07 AM
O
I did get mine working. The inlet tube into the ice maker had frozen. I took a hair dryer and thawed it out right where it comes into the ice maker and it's been working fine since