LG Washing Machine Leaking on Floor During Drain Cycle

Old 02-17-12, 04:57 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
LG Washing Machine Leaking on Floor During Drain Cycle

Hello,
Our LG WM2050C washing machine has been leaking on the floor during the drain cycle for the past two weeks. Thinking there was a rip in the bellows or drain hose, I decided to remove the front of the washer and take those two pieces out. However, neither one of these pieces had any holes or any clogging at all. So I put everything back together, being sure to tighten everything really well. The machine did not leak for the next three loads, but it is now leaking at about double what it was. I think it may be the drain pump motor, but I would hate to buy a new one and that not be the problem. Does anyone know how to test this or what else might be wrong? Also, the clothes now remain really soapy and I can get about 4 cups of water out of the front drain after each cycle. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 02-17-12, 06:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
This sounds like a drain problem. Did you see any water stains in washer when it was apart? Have never seen a LG leak except for a torn boot. Is washer in a pan? Look behind washer at wall when it leaks and see if coming from under base board. Another thing is to listen to water going down drain if it backs up you can hear it doing it. Look for a crack in drain hose,Have never found one in LG but have seen it in other washers. Hard to find if one there.

Last edited by pugsl; 02-20-12 at 04:35 AM.
Old 02-19-12, 05:13 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yeah, when I took the machine apart I checked all of the hoses for clogging and tears. I never can see the water come out, it just leaks through the bottom. I have ordered a new drain pump, hopefully that will fix the problem. Thanks for the advice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: