Kenmore 110 20922991 Washer issues

Old 02-20-12, 09:04 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore 110 20922991 Washer issues

I came across this wonderful forum when I was looking for an issue I had with my Kenmore Washer... I figured I was the only one with that issue, but I was wrong.

The original issue I had was that our Kenmore Washer wouldn't spin, water sat in the tub, the engine was working, but nothing would happen. So I decided to search for answers, the lid switch was fine and I read about people changing the Coupler, so I ordered one from Ebay, came to me within 3 days and yesterday (Sunday) it took minutes to take the cover off the Washer to get access to the motor and changing the coupler. The coupler seemed to be fine, but since it was an older style, I replaced with the new one anyway. Put it all back together and kept my fingers crossed that the issue would suddenly be solved. Well, the tub filled... but again, it wouldn't spin. Frustrated and confused I stumbled across this forum again and did some research... then my wife tells me that the water will not drain from the tub. Since it had been a week since we had the luxury to do laundry at our home, I decided to take it apart again, since I did leave one of the support rubbers from the motor to the bracket off because it fell off during installation. Figuring that this would magically solve the problem. Upon close inspection of the plug that connects to the motor, I noticed a wire came out of the metal prongs inside the connector. This is where I got stranded, could this also be the original cause for the tub not to spin? I am so confused and debating whether it would be better to buy another used washer than to fix this one. Can anyone give me a run down of this connector, does it control something that wouldn't allow the tub from spinning? Its the red-wire from the connector. Will I need to buy a complete wire-harness? ....I am so frustrated and desperately need some help. Thank you in advance.

-Jon

Old 02-20-12, 09:16 AM
J
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
This is the connector I am referring to. It connects to the motor.

Old 02-20-12, 09:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Yes that is your problem. Don't think you can buy just connector, only the harness. You might be able to take the medal part that is broken out and solder it back together. Not easy to do but better than 100$ + wiring harness. Just went to Sears
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...od=11020922991
and they list wiring harness parts
Still think you can repair yours. when doing it the white wires I usually have problems with there connections.

Old 02-22-12, 02:16 PM
J
Thanks for your information, pugsl... but I fixed it and I still have the same problem. The Tub won't spin whatsoever, the water drains and it fills up fine... my wife thought she smelled something, but said it went away. Is it possible that the transmission needs to be replaced? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Jon

Old 02-22-12, 02:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Does it agitate? does it make any noise in spin or agitate? If no noise jump lid switch (2 wires not colored green) and try in spin. Still not working leave lid switch jumped take cabinet off and put washer in spin and wiggle wires at motor. Let us know what happening.

Old 02-22-12, 02:45 PM
J
It does not agitate, just a humming sound when in spin mode. How do I jump the lid switch? Do I need to take the cabinet off again? When you say wiggle the wires at the motor, are you referring to the wires from that connector where I fixed the wire? This is so frustrating. Thanks for your quick replies...

-Jon

Old 02-23-12, 05:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Now you told me something, Unclip water pump (leave hoses connected) pull off motor shaft and see if it spins (lid switch and wiring ok) If it spins than you need a water pump. Sock stuck in pump. No need to take cabinet off just lean against wall and reach under it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: