Bosch Dishwasher - Drain Pump Motor Replacement

Old 03-16-12, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Bosch Dishwasher - Drain Pump Motor Replacement

Getting a whirring sound when the drain pump fires on our Bosch Apexx dishwasher. The model # is SHV99A03UC/14. I'm fairly certain, after reading some specifics on AppliancePartsPros.com, that the pump is indeed the culprit. It may be that I simply need to remove it and clean it and it won't need replacing.

Anyways, my question is, how the heck do I get it out? Here are some instructions below per the manufacturer, but the white plastic base behind the kickplate seems to be one entire "tub" and I don't see where the "base cover" is.

"Here are the instructions from the manufacture. According to them, you can replace it from the front of the machine. Hope this helps. Drain Pumps – Removal & Installation Drain pumps are mounted to sumps in the front of dishwashers --they’re easily accessible from the front of dishwashers by removing toe kicks. Removing & installing drain pump: ??Remove toe kick, then pull up terminal cover and disconnect wires. For easier access, remove base cover 1st. ??To remove pump, push latch (on circular collar) & rotate pump clockwise (cw). To install new pump, insert @ 2:00 position & rotate counterclockwise (ccw). ??Clean water & debris from base, then check float operation. ??Connect wires, then install base cover & toe kick."

Anyone have any experience with this dishwasher and how to get the drain pump motor out to inspect it and possible replace it? If I have to replace it I need to remove it anyways to see the number of vanes it has as the original part has been discontinued from the manufacturer and there are 2 new drain pump motors to choose from based in the number of vanes on the original. The part is only about $50 so I know this will be a whole bunch cheaper if I DIY versus calling a repair guy.

Thanks!

Old 03-18-12, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Update

AppliancePartsPros is my site of choice not only for parts but for answers. They actually sent me the entire service manual which is awesome.

Apparantly this issue is either based on the circulator pump motor or the water inlet valve. Further investigation determined it was not making any whirring noise during draining, just when it was circulating the water through the upper and lower arms. I noted that water was coming from the arms but not a lot and they were not moving. I found that if the water is filling properly, then it is not the valve but the circulator pump. Unfortunately that is a pricey part at about $150 but I have one on the way and it should be here Tuesday.

Today I used the service manual and took the dishwasher apart and removed the existing circulator pump so it is all set for the new one.

Further updates to come!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: