GE electrical stove

Old 01-16-01, 12:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I have a basic non-selfcleaning stove. I was painting and unplugged the stove. I plugged it back in and it worked fine. The next day I had to unplug the stove again. When I plugged the stove back it would not heat up. The indicator lights showed that the oven and burners were on, but neither one would heat up. HELP!

Old 01-16-01, 03:01 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by kkeyser1
When I plugged the stove back it would not heat up. The indicator lights showed that the oven and burners were on, but neither one would heat up. HELP!
Hi,

The elements work on the 220 volts AC and the light work on the 110 volt AC parts....sounds like we have lost on of the powers to make the 220 volts work....possable:
- the plug isn't in all the way
- the receptical plug came apart or broke and pushed inside and the cord part is not touching it any more
- loose wire on the stove end of the cord.

Hope something here helps,

jeff.

Your on-line appliance repair shop

Old 02-11-07, 02:47 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
help please - ge range

I too have this problem and can't figure it out...I have 120 v on the red and black wires at the back of the stove...hoping someone can help here...

No elements work....bottom oven burner doesn't work....top oven burner works...lights all work....

It's an old GE Medallion 850....

Old 02-14-07, 05:43 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I figured it out so thought I'd let the others know...When I inserted the new breaker in the panel, I had connected the breaker on the same phase(A) so it wasn't getting the proper voltage...I moved the breaker so it would take a point on phase A and a point on phase B and all works well...hope this helps someone else one day.
Not sure if I used the proper terminalogy.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: