Winterizing dishwasher

Old 04-02-12, 08:26 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Winterizing dishwasher

Im in the market for a dishwasher for my cabin. In winter, I let the cabin go cold so it freezes when I'm not there. I do frequently use it in winter though.
I was going to pour in some RV antifreeze before closing it up, but the new dishwashers dont have the dial settings so I can't advance it to the rinse cycle to get the antifreeze into the pump and drain line.

I read this on another forum and it sounds good, but just wanted to ask people who know if this is actually how the new dishwashers function? it sounds good, but...

"I have been winterizing my DW for a few years. Shut off water supply. Turn on DW and inlet valve will open thus allowing water to drain out of the line and valve. Most breaks occur here. Pour 1/2 gal RV antifreeze into DW and set to start cycle. Since water is off the washer will cycle. Cancel the cycle and DW will drain thus expelling antifreeze into drain line. Wipe down interior and have a great vacation."

it all sounds good, but just want to be sure that the newer dishwashers with electronic controls only will automatically drain the water from the tub when the cycle is cancelled thus expelling teh antifreeze into the drain pump and line?

thanks,

Old 04-02-12, 08:46 AM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
With so many makes and models available, your best bet is to pick the ones you would most like and then contact the manufacturer or read the manual to see if it does what you want.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: