Samsung Front Load WF331ANR shakes when level and doesnt when it isnt. ?

Old 04-19-12, 04:11 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Samsung Front Load WF331ANR shakes when level and doesnt when it isnt. ?

I recently purchased a Samsung front load WF331 washer and am baffled with how it works when level.
I have it installed on the pedestal which I know wont help with shaking, but here's the issue I am having.

When it was installed the delivery people didnt make sure all 4 sides were level so I grabbed a level and did it myself. The front and back were perfectly level, but the sides were off by maybe an 8th of an inch. Not much, but defiantly not perfectly level. I checked the front legs and both were as far up as they could go so I raised the rear legs and adjusted them until all 4 sides of the washer were level.
Well when all 4 sides are level and a spin cycle begins the washer shakes violently for about 10 seconds before the VRT kicks in and smooths it out. It doesnt walk, just shakes like crazy no matter what size load is in it.

Having seen it do this I thought that it had to be because the rear legs were out more making the center of gravity different or something.

I decided to test something by lowering the back feet so they were all the way up to the base of the pedestal just like the front legs. This of course made the sides not level again, but the front and rear were still level.
I ran a spin cycle and the washer hardly shook at all.

My question is how important is it that the washer be level on all 4 sides? If my sides are off by just a little yet all 4 sides dont wobble and doesnt create any shaking is that ok? I find it odd that it shakes when level and works fine when it isnt.
Any advice?

Old 04-19-12, 04:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Washer doesn't have to be very level at all. The most important thing is that all 4 feet are solid on floor.I always level front loaders with about 3 or 4 towels in washer and get it to high spin. Than I turn one front leg If it shakes harder than I turn it the other way. It can take as little as a 1/2 turn to make a difference. All front loaders will shake getting up to spin. Do not try to get that shake out you will never do it.

Old 04-19-12, 04:44 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
but the violent shake did go away when I had the rear legs turned in. It does vibrate a bit but I know thats normal. You just would think by being perfectly level it wouldnt shake like it was possessed. lol
By being not level on the sides though its virtually quiet as it doesnt shake violently so I think I will put it back that way.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: