Maytag vs. Whirlpool

Old 05-28-12, 10:13 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag vs. Whirlpool

I know that Maytag is owned by Whirlpool.Is there any difference in the quality of the two? I will be purchasing all new appliances soon for a new home,and want to buy an American made product. Bob

Old 05-28-12, 11:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Maytag is usually higher priced and a few more options, have not seen any difference in quality.

Old 05-28-12, 09:33 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I agree Maytag's do have just a few more options. We bought our Maytag washer and dryer just a few months after Whirlpool bought Maytag I think around 2007 and we have been very happy with ours. We bought ours from the Home Depot during a time when they had free delivery and no interest charge for a year and a $150.00 gift card with the purchase of the two. So I feel we did very well. I bought both of mine online and at the time they didn't have the optional lower drawers online so we never bought those but I really strongly encourage you to do so as it makes getting things in and out of the machines easier. For that reason I think you should look in the store if you go to the Home Depot. Of course things may have changed since it has been several years since we bought our machines. I am glad you are buying am American made product as parts are very hard to get for those foreign machines. They might be o.k. but I wouldn't want to wait weeks for something to get repaired.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: