Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Household Cleaning, Kitchen Appliance Service and Repairs > >Electric< Large Kitchen and Home Appliances
Reload this Page >

Roper Heavy Duty Extra Large Capacity 5 Cycle 2 Speed Washer Damaged Body Query

Old 08-05-12, 11:40 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I recently moved to a new apartment with Washer/Dryer connections. Unfortunately, the body/frame of my washer was damaged during the move. It looks the outer frame popped out on the bottom of the washer's back right corner as you face the washer, and now the frame is warped.

Overall the washer still works, but when I start a load the cycle is off center and tumbles back and forth like something out of The Exorcist of Poltergeist.

I hope this makes sense if it doesn't let me know. I'd love it if I could fix this on my own, but I'm not optimistic.

Attached Images  
Old 08-06-12, 05:24 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Most likely tub of washer has come off the plate it rides on. You will have to take cabinet off and usually take tub off to repair. not hard to do but time consuming if never done before. Will give directions if you want to do this. Shake tub and if ti feels hard ( not easy sliding) that,s your problem. Cabinet off frame will not cause your problem and easily fixed.
To take off cabinet 2 plastic caps on end of console pop off to you, Screw under each cap. Lift console up and hinge back. 2 gold colored clamps 1 on each side, put screwdriver in slot and pop them off. Unplug lid switch and take cabinet off. post model # and can give your model info

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: