Electrolux/Frigidaire Electric Wall Oven won't heat past 265

Old 08-08-12, 11:03 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Electrolux/Frigidaire Electric Wall Oven won't heat past 265

Model# pleb30s8ccc Serial#nf42514824 Electric Wall Oven. About 8 years old. Worked fine yesterday. Today, won't heat past 265 and it took about 25 minutes to get to that temp. Flipped the breaker. The heating/bake element and the broil element are intact, but haven't been checked for continuity.

My hubby lost his job on Friday, so I would like to avoid a repairman if I can, but I do need the oven to feed my family, so if that is what is necessary, I of course, will do it.

What order would you "troubleshoot". Should I start at the bake element, or the oven sensor (not sure what that does or how to check it). Thank you for all your help!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-12, 12:58 PM
T
The oven was reading 130 and felt warm inside. I touched the bottom bake element and it wasn't hot. Put my hand near the broil element and could tell it was hot. If that helps at all.

Old 08-08-12, 01:07 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
So you have the oven on a bake setting but are getting heat at only the upper element as if you had it on broil?

Old 08-10-12, 03:37 PM
T
Yes. I removed the bake element and tested for continuity, as the tutorial video instructs, and the bake element has continuity. What should I check for next? Thank you.