GE Adora Washing Machine Rinse Cycle problem

Old 09-03-12, 10:14 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Adora Washing Machine Rinse Cycle problem

My GE Adora washing machine has just started to take longer to wash clothes but then at the end of the cycle they are still dripping wet. Wash cycle seems to do fine and saw it go into high spin mode but rinse cycle seemed to repeat a slow spin cycle several times before it finally stopped. 1 min showing took 20 mins to complete?

Old 09-04-12, 03:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
need model # to tell what washer you are talking about. To many to know by name.

Old 09-04-12, 06:32 AM
B
It appears to be SBSD227FWW. which is the only number I can find on the back of the machine.

Old 09-04-12, 03:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Is this a front loader? GE model# are usually on right side near the bottom. Does the water drain out? Front loader have a habit of getting socks stuck in water pump and will cause your problems. The onlt thing your model # pulled up was a pedestal

Old 09-04-12, 04:22 PM
B
Front Load yes. Found it on paperwork WHDVH626. The water does drain out, just not all of it is spinning out of the clothes. I first noticed that the cold water was still running in the rinse mode once it started spinning. It did eventually stop but the load was still dripping when the washing machine stopped. I cleaned the filter beside the pump as that was the first check I found researching. Stuff came out but nothing big like a sock. Hole to water pump is not large and it seems the filter would not let anything past. I ran a speed wash just to see what the machine was doing. It appears to be allowing more water than it used to for the wash cycle. For one bath towel a lot of water was visibly sloshing around. The wash cycle had a high speed cycle and you could tell the towel was not dripping wet. The rinse cycle seemed confused, allowing more water than usual. It seemed to start and stop and then drain and then add more rinse water and then spin slow and stop and then spin again. It never went into a high spin mode in order to really push the water out of the towel. That's my observation. Any thoughts?

Old 09-04-12, 08:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
That model # is for a top loader. You might be lucky and there sometimes is a tech sheet under top or taped to side in bottom. GE always give me problem, If water pump is ok than I have found the motor controller could be bad. I have access to tech people that can talk me through these. You need the manual to do all thew checks. Same problem with the electronic top loaders.

Old 09-05-12, 12:59 PM
B
Already found that tech sheet and did the checks on the machine. I believe it is the water valve and that is also what the error code indicated. Gonna try replacing that and cross my fingers.

Old 09-05-12, 01:09 PM
B
Oh and by the way it is a front load machine and by using that model number I got to the right part and the diagram provided is clearly a front load machine.

Old 09-06-12, 04:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I totally believe you I just copied and pasted and that what came up. It looks like you are on the right track.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: