Glitchy Ice Maker, Water Dispenser in GE Profile Refrigerator

Old 09-09-12, 06:07 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Glitchy Ice Maker, Water Dispenser in GE Profile Refrigerator

We have a 6 year old GE Profile Refrigerator. It is a side-by-side model with an automatic ice and water dispenser. The ice and water dispenser would occasionally work, but now do not work at all.

The button lights on the dispenser to choose water, ice cubes, crushed ice, etc. light up, but when we depress the dispenser lever with a glass, the lights cut out and it doesn't dispense anything. The lights come on moments later. The refrigerator otherwise works fine and the ice maker works. For now, we've been opening the freezer, pulling out the ice basin, and scoping out ice.

Any ideas as to what's wrong or how to fix?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-12, 06:53 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Update: I read other posts to see how I'd access the control panel to check for an obvious short. While removing the control panel, I removed the light bulb on a whim. Everything came back to life. I put the bulb in and everything stopped working. I repeated this several times and the dispenser would only work without the bulb. I'll buy a replacement bulb to see if it still works, but I can easily live without the light. Go figure...a bad bulb shuts down the dispenser.