Please Help! Whirlpool Gold refrigerator compressor not starting

Old 09-11-12, 01:26 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Please Help! Whirlpool Gold refrigerator compressor not starting

Hi Guys,

I will try to describe my problem to the best of my ability.

I have a Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator model gs2shexnb00,
about 2 years ago it stopped working and the starter relay would start clicking,
so I went and replaced the starter relay + run capacitor for a universal starter relay (like this one https://www.homespare.com/content/thumbnails/60073.jpg), it fixed the problem and all was good.

about a year later, the lights inside the fridge stopped working and would flicker and cause a buzzing noise; removed the bulbs and could use the fridge again.

now 5-6 months ago the refrigerator stopped working again, compressor would not start, relay would not click. replaced the starter relay but still wouldnt start.
after troubleshooting, I found that the condenser fan motor was blown (Whirlpool W10124096 | Condenser Fan Motor Kit), removed it without replacing the part and it still wouldnt start.
screwed a lightbulb back in the fridge and the compressor started again (had to tape the light rocker switch to keep it off or else the bulb would start making the buzzing noise again).

now 2 weeks ago it stopped working once again.
I found that the electric control board was indeed shorted so I replaced it (Whirlpool W10135090 | Electronic Control Board) and it still doesnt work. tried replacing the starter relay with another universal relay and still nothing.

The fridge starts and I can hear it running but the compressor never kicks in.
I am out of idea and about to throw the fridge out!!!
lost most of my food and cant cook...

so if anybody can help it would be really really greatly appreciated!

Old 09-11-12, 10:13 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
anybody?

any help would be really appreciated!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: