Kenmore Direct Drive Tub Seal Replacement

Old 11-03-12, 04:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Direct Drive Tub Seal Replacement

I replaced the tub seal on my Kenmore direct drive washing machine as shown on this youtube video (Whirlpool/ Kenmore Washer Repair: Drive Tub Seal Replacement (part #383727) - YouTube). When I had removed the outer tub I had noticed caked up dirt/grease along the bottom of the outer tub near where it would contact the inner tub and mounting stem. Thinking this was dirt, I cleaned it off and replaced the tub seal. I've put everything back together and now the tub makes a high pitched noise while in spin mode and does not spin correctly. Was I wrong to have cleaned that dirt off or was I supposed to grease the seal/mounting stem or space between the two tubs? What kind of grease is used for this?? Any help would be appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-12, 10:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Usually a high pitch whine is something stuck in water pump. Unclip water pump( leave hoses connected) and try it in spin , If cabinet off you will have to jump lid switch (2 wires not colored green) Shaft does not turn in seal; so cleaning shaft would not cause noise.I usually find a hair clip or nail in pump. Most times have to replace pump.