Whirlpool Dishwasher Control Pad / Panel Replacement Question

Old 11-08-12, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Dishwasher Control Pad / Panel Replacement Question

Hello Everyone,

My Whirlpool Dishwasher (Model DU920PFGQ3) needs a replacement control pad/panel. The part number for the faulty control pad is 8051702. Would a Whirlpool control pad with a part number that's just one digit off (8051708 instead of 8051102) work in my dishwasher? My understanding is that the differrence in the last digit might be attributed to either different color control pads/panels, or possibly very slightly different 'levels' of machine ('Quiet Wash Plus' versus 'Quite Wash'). Any helpful information from anyone with experience with the Whirlpool control pads/panels would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
~hlpmehlpmyprnts

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-12, 07:51 PM
Group Moderator
Received 345 Votes on 323 Posts
If your machine uses the 8051702 then you should have no problem as that part is available. Based on features - your machine could use the 8051703 or the 8051704 but they all are replaced by the 8051702
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...P9080232/00001

One question..... are you sure it's the control panel that's bad and not the microcomputer ?

Old 11-09-12, 06:53 AM
PJmax,

Thank you so much for your reply! I indeed have seen that the exact same part number (8051702) is available. However, the white ones- which would match my dishwasher- are around $150.00. At this price, I figure those funds should go to a new dishwasher. I have seen the part in black for less, but this won't match my dishwasher.

I have seen 8051708 in white, and it looks identical to the one I have. Would a 8051708 work?

As for what's wrong with my dishwasher, after reading some online dishwasher threads, etc., I concluded the control pad / panel was faulty. The symptoms: only the button for the 'Rinse' cycle worked (none of the other cycles worked, though I used to be able to occasionally get the 'Pots-N-Pans' cycle to work). Also, the green 'Clean' light stayed on permanently. Does this sound like a faulty control pad / panel, or a faulty microcomputer?

Thanks in advance!!!

~hlpmehlpmyprnts

Old 11-09-12, 08:23 AM
Group Moderator
Received 345 Votes on 323 Posts
Would a 8051708 work?
I don't see a listing for that part number. Check with the source of that part. They should also have a cross reference parts book. Usually when the micro. goes bad you get a blank display and no functions at all.

Old 11-13-12, 06:15 PM
Whirlpool Dishwasher Control Pad / Panel Replacement Part

PJmax,

Hey PJ, if you can shoot me your e-mail address, I'll send you a little more specific information that I'm hoping you'll take a look at. Thanks again for all your help!

Best,
~hlpmehlpmyprnts