Ge electric oven - outer glass door - trying to install

Old 11-10-12, 06:11 PM
Ge electric oven - outer glass door - trying to install

Hi Folks,
I have a GE Electric oven, 12 years old, model # JBS27BC1WH. The outer glass door shattered. I got the new glass for it, but I don't know how to install it. I am a 61 year old lady, cancer survivor, and my husband doesn't know how to install it either. He is more scared than I am - to try it. We can't afford to hire someone to do it for us because of cancer/medical bills. I am willing to try to install it, but need some help. I like to "fix" things and look on the Internet to get help many times.

I can't get the piece of glass to fit in that long horizontal grove at the very bottom. I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have the right screw drivers to undo the screws. I carefully, with one one of my makeup brushes, cleaned the shattered glass out - very carefully. And I will say - for myself - I did a very good job!!!!!!! The horizontal grove at the bottom is perfectly clean, as is the entire rest of the oven where the shattered glass went. it was a mess. I do not know what caused it to shatter, but I have a feeling when I put the original glass back in - after I cleaned it - I put it in WRONG, and that is what caused it to shatter. I worked very hard to trying to put the original glass back in, but I never could get it to fit in that long horizontal grove that is across the bottom. Could some please help me? I have the new glass, and I am very stressed out about this because my husband - also a cancer survivor and I have no one to help us.

Could you please explain in simple terms how to put this outer door glass back in? I have been without my oven for 3 weeks, not that that matters to anyone.

i greatly thank you for your time and your help.
Sincerely,
Charline/cancersurvivor3

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-12, 06:21 PM
Group Moderator
GE Range JBS27BC1WH Complete Parts List

We'll certainly help if we can. In the link above.......is part # 314 or # 338 the one you are replacing ?

Use the arrows on the right side on the parts list page to move the illustrated picture as well as the parts list.

Old 11-10-12, 11:31 PM
Group Moderator
Just stopped by to revisit this thread. You've had the glass out for cleaning ? That is heat tempered glass and maybe it got scratched in the removal. If the glass you are replacing is # 314 (large outer glass) or # 338 (smaller inside glass) click on the name of the part in the parts list and a close up view will appear. Some even have instructions attached.

Too bad you weren't closer......I'd put the glass in and you'd make Sunday dinner

I'll be back here later to check in on this thread.

Old 11-11-12, 07:37 PM
Group Moderator
Just passing thru.....missed my dinner