Kitchenaid Dishwasher Controls Go Dead

Old 10-17-12, 12:54 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Kitchenaid Dishwasher Controls Go Dead

I have a KitchenAid dishwasher (model# KUDE20FXSS3) that is about a year old and in the last month has experienced the same problem three times. When I go to start a load none of the control panel LEDs are illuminated and none of the touch pads will respond. The control panel seems to be completely dead. I check the circuit breaker and it is definitely not tripped. (The garbage disposal is on the same circuit and it functions when the problem occurs.) If I cycle the power by temporarily opening and closing the circuit breaker then the unit comes back to life and operates properly.

Does anyone have any idea why the unit would occasionally require a "cold reset" ?

Old 10-17-12, 11:10 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,949 Upvotes on 3,542 Posts
It almost sounds like it could be a door switch issue. When the unit didn't work did you try opening and closing the doors several times ? Try it and see if that helps. If not there is a control board behind the front panel that is the likely culprit,

about a year old
Maybe still under warranty ? Control boards are expensive.

Old 10-18-12, 10:50 AM
S
Still under warranty!

Thanks for the reminder about the warranty! I never gave it a thought. I have a pending service call and will update this thread when the problem is diagnosed. Thanks again.

Old 11-27-12, 12:42 PM
S
repaired!

The service tech ended up replacing the control board (with on-board power supply) and the unit has been working fine for > 1 month.

If I were to guess, I would say it was a bad power supply that was crow-barring and required a cold reset.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: