Maytag washer MHWE201YWOO (error code F3 E2)

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-12, 01:42 PM
Maytag washer MHWE201YWOO (error code F3 E2)

My Maytag washer has a error code flashing F3 E2 can someone tell me what this means please help

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-12, 02:53 PM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 206
F3 E2 is an indication of a water temperature sensor (NTC) error, or heating circuit failure.
Check the water temperature sensor and check connections to the water temperature sensor.

You'll need a meter to do some checking.

Old 12-25-12, 04:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 13
Does the washer work? Have found most water temp error codes are false. Will set if cold comes in when expecting hot water. Long run from water heater will do it.

Old 12-25-12, 04:58 PM
Replaced water sensor got same code and checked the wire from the sensor to the ccu with a meter and does not appear to be broken. have replaced ccu with new one sometimes i can get washer to run then shuts off with error code F3E2.

Old 12-25-12, 05:01 PM
It will only run for a few minutes then shuts off with error code it doesn't matter if using hot cold or warm water this washer has no heater in it.

Old 12-31-13, 09:22 AM
I imagine you have fixed the problem with the F3E2 water sensor code since this post. I'm going through the same problem. It seems as though the code appears when the tub has filled with water with the sensor submersed. I have changed the sensor but reading your thread, not convinced changing the CCU will fix the problem. How did you solve it.

Old 12-31-13, 09:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 13
Please post model # somebody should come in and help. Model # in header is wrong will work if you take a couple of numbers off. Take top off and look at control module on left side and see if the mounting is broken. If it is replace module may fix your problem. Have seen this several times and it will throw different errors. On vacation will not be able to help much.

Old 02-24-14, 07:59 AM
Had F3E2 error code with my Whirlpool Duet, at first intermittent, then getting worse, then permanent.

Problem was a broken wire between the sensor and the CCU.

At the lower back of the washer, the sensor wire was attached to the tub enclosure, then joined a wire bundle at a wire tie.

The tub vibrations apparently flexed the sensor wire at the wire tie until it broke, at first just the wire itself inside the insulation (intermittent F3E2), and then the insulation also (permanent F3E2).

Bridging the wire fixed it, and i re-routed it to relieve (I hope) the vibration damage (will let you know in a year or so ;-) ).

Old 02-24-14, 10:21 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the information.

Old 03-12-14, 09:30 PM
Same issue with broken wire in Maytag 2000

Thank you l lortel roeg for the clue of what to look for. I have a Maytag 2000 that was reacting the exact same way with the f3e2 codes. It got worse and worse and I had completed the usual checking and reseating all the connections, etc. but to no avail. Then magically it was ok for a couple of weeks. All of a sudden tonight it started doing the same thing, except this time when I tried to turn off and on and reset so I could get my wash out, it would immediately give the code and my wash was trapped. I tried and tried and couldn't get it out. I searched the internet for any clues for the same issue and come upon this thread. I figured I would recheck things and I had exactly the same problem. There is a bundle of wires going down the side to the bottom and within are two black ones. One was broken right at the tywrap. I spliced and soldered, then as I was repositioning the wires the second one pulled off at the same location. I spliced it as well and dressed them in with some slack and the washer is up and running. Thanks for the suggestion of what to look for. Much appreciated.

Old 02-16-15, 05:35 AM
Thanks to l lortel roeg

I have a Maytag washer, model: MHWE251YG00, I had the same error code: F3E2 and symptoms, but it was intermittent (intermittent is the worst thing).
l lortel roeg's suggestion was exactly right. There were 2 black wires that go to the water temperature sensor. The wires passed through 2 tie wraps that bonded them to a flange off the bottom of the washer drum. They were wrapped with electric tape inside the tie wrap. Prior to joining the bundle of wires that went to the motor, there was one more tie wrap around the 2 black wires. At this tie wrap there was no electric tape to pad between the wires and the tie wraps. One of the wires was nearly severed.
I replaced the wires. Tie wraps should not be used. They are often too tight and crush wires. Especially in a device that inherently has LOTS of motion.

I wish I had read this before I paid the repair man to come FAIL at diagnosing my problem. They told me that it was either the wiring harness ($100 part + $65 return visit fee) or the control unit ($200 + $65 return visit fee).
Thank l lortel roeg!

Old 03-01-15, 11:42 AM
Maytag washer series 2000 error code F3 E2

This was very helpful. The black electrical wire split at the tie-cable spot. The black wire connected the water temp sensor. After fixing the wire, washer is working again. Thanks for the information on what to look for.

Old 03-01-15, 12:04 PM
Group Moderator
It is good to see this thread has been so helpful especially by the volume of page views.
This thread will remain in the searchable archives. If you have an additional problem please feel free to start a new thread.

Closed Thread