Amana washing machine shut off mid cycle

Old 01-20-13, 11:52 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Amana washing machine shut off mid cycle

I have an Amana washing machine model #NFW7300WW00 which is 2 years old. I noticed over the last few days that the machine will sometimes shut off when it gets to the rinse cycle. All the status lights will go out and the door will not open. I have to restart the machine to complete the wash. Any ideas on the cause and how to fix this. Thanks...

Old 01-21-13, 05:02 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Take the lower panel off, There might be a tech sheet either in panel or taped to side. It will tell you how to go into test cycle and if there are ant codes stored.

Old 01-23-13, 10:27 PM
B
Thanks for the info. The problem was intermittent and seems to have gone away for the time being. If it comes back ill check the codes...

Old 02-15-13, 12:26 AM
B
It's BAAAACK.... The problem is intermittent. Some washes will complete all cycles and then some will stop at either the rinse or drain cycle and the door will lock. I found the tech sheet and ran diagnostics several times and there was no error code. (I did get an error code the first time I tried it but that was because the panel door was off.) Any ideas. Very frustrating that this is only 2 years old. Thanks...

Old 02-15-13, 04:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
intermittent are the hardest to fix. Check for codes when it happens. Leave the lower panel off if it will run without it. May be a ground switch that needs to be pushed to run, When it stopped does it drain the water? If not may have something sticking in pump, Hair pin, needle,

Old 02-18-13, 06:09 AM
B
When the problem happens the machine will completely shut off, no lights, the door will remain locked. It will happen either in the rinse cycle or the spin cycle. I will then have to turn the machine back on and run the cycle where it left off. The machine will then complete the wash and shut off normally. I checked several times for error codes when the problem occurred and there were none. There is no clog in the drain line as it will complete a wash sometimes without any problem ?????

Old 02-18-13, 12:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You most likely have a loose connection or bad control board, No real way to check unless it is not running. You could take top and bottom off and check to see of ant loose wires. Very unlikely

Old 02-19-13, 09:54 AM
B
Is there anyway i can verify if it is the control board and is it worth replacing. What would the part cost and could I do it myself. Thanks...

Old 02-19-13, 02:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No way to check unless it is acting up. There are 2 different boards Main control bard #6 in controls, or motor board part # 15 in first panel
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...od=NFW7300WW00

Old 04-01-13, 05:38 PM
B
Repairman just left. $40.00 service charge. Cost of repair $350.00 for a new computer. It cost me $350.00 2 years ago for the machine. Looking for a new one now. Something without electronics that I can buy on time. Looking on the internet and the prices have doubled. Way too expensive even for top loaders...
Thanks for your assistance....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: