Kenmore Front Load Washer Error Code

Old 01-30-13, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
Kenmore Front Load Washer Error Code

I am trying to diagnose a problem with a Canadian Kenmore mod: 592-49045 front load washer.
The users are reporting an intermittant problem with clothes being too wet at the end of a cycle and occasionally stopping mid cycle but have not seen this problem for myself.

The only thing out of the ordinary I can see is that there is a continuous hourglass on the screen while the machine is operating.
There is a delayed start on the machine but when I activate it there is a separate indicator that seems to be working properly.
I have the Kenmore "Technical Information For Technicians" manual that lists error codes and repair procedures and this indicator is not listed.
Through the control panel I have been able to test each machine function and they all seem to work.

After a considerable time spent on the phone with Sears Canada the best I could get was that they would be happy to schedule a service call!
I tried Sears US and they may have this info but could not work with Canadian model numbers.
This unit is a Samsung but they were no help either.

So, anyone know what this hourglass on our front loader may mean...IOW what am I waiting for???

Old 01-30-13, 01:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Glad you added samsung as model # not known to me. Almost every time I call about your problem about wet clothes I am told to check what kind of soap they are using. must use HE type and from major brand. Makes a big difference. I don't know about hourglass have never seen it. Does the washer have a drain spin cycle on the dial not button on front? If has button on front you can but washer in spin anytime by holding spin button down for 3 to 4 seconds (till the display usually shows 11 ) If on dial just put it in drain spin.

Old 01-30-13, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
The model number is a Kenmore model number but Sears in Canada use different model numbers than the US.
This uses an electronic control and with the aid of the manual I can force lock, fill, drain and spin and it will give me the drum rpm while spinning.
All these functions seem to work and they have the proper soap on hand.

This washer is in an assisted living area in our hospital so it could very well be operator problems but that hourglass has me stumped.

Old 01-30-13, 06:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,322 Likes on 2,983 Posts
I asked around about the hour glass but no one has ever seen it.

I go online looking around and people all over are seeing it on their Samsung machines and no one knows why. I've been working on a number of Samsung problems the last couple of days. They seem to operate in a bubble. Definitely not very helpful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: