Kenmore Dishwasher not finishing cycle

Old 02-10-13, 08:46 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Dishwasher not finishing cycle

My parents have a 665.13122K703 Kenmore dishwasher. It does not finish cycle the motor control board has been replaced not by me but by Sears under parts warranty - but that did not cure it - then I replaced the control panel as parents indicated different things happen depending on how they pressed the buttons. Still no cure. They indicate that the light flashes but they did not recall any seqence or pattern to the light. How can I diagnose and repair this 2 year old dishwasher before they buy a new one. Thanks for the help!

Old 02-10-13, 09:12 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,322 Votes on 1,222 Posts
It does not finish cycle

The motor control board was replaced by a Sears Tech and it didn't cure the problem. Were they called back and told of the continuing problem ?
You changed the control panel ?

What exactly is the unit doing.....or not doing.

Old 02-11-13, 06:41 AM
B
No after $130 labor charge my parents did not follow up. Yes figuring that the other major electornic piece was the keypad and they mentioned about pushing some buttons and different outcomes I thought that perhaps that may have been the probelem - it was not. I changed out the keypad. To date the best problem description is that it does not finish the cycle - lights blinking when this happens - it does not always happen. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-11-13, 09:07 AM
Group Moderator
There are some limited trouble codes if you can see what is blinking. That keypad you replaced connects to a control board......that's where the issues usually are.

The codes can be somewhat vague. One problem is the heater element. Another problem can be the unit not draining all the way.

If it doesn't finish the cycle.....is it sitting there with water in it ?

Old 02-11-13, 03:36 PM
B
I will follow up further to your questions but in the mean time I wanted to provide more detail on the problem. the machine quits and the green light starts blinking. This action may happen early or middle or late in the cycle. Sometimes we just open the door and find that it is apparently in the final action—there is heat as would appear in the drying mode, the dishes are dry or almost, so we just put the dishes up. Sometimes it happens before the soap is dispensed—very early in the cycle.

Old 02-11-13, 06:30 PM
Group Moderator
What light was blinking ?

As a guess.....I'd say you may have a heating element issue.
In some cycle settings.....the heating element is used to increase the temp of the wash water.
In "heated dry" the heating element is used to heat the air to dry the dishes.

Old 02-12-13, 11:12 AM
B
Green light says the washing is complete; flashing green light says something is wrong. Is what I am told. Heatling element issue - should I replace the heating element or what do you suggest? Thanks

Old 02-12-13, 02:12 PM
Group Moderator
Does the green light have a name or is it just the finished light ?

Old 02-12-13, 08:40 PM
B
yes finished / clean light. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: