WRF990SLAM Whirpool refrigerator

Old 02-17-13, 10:22 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
WRF990SLAM Whirpool refrigerator

On my second one in a week, about to get the third. Both have had ice maker problems. Tech came out to fix the last one and couldn't find anything wrong, though I don't think he looked that hard. The new one made ice for about 36 hours and then stopped working. Getting another replacement fridge.

Anyone know if that's a known issue with the model? If it is, then I'm going to have to pick a new model/brand.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-13, 08:41 AM
Group Moderator
Received 257 Votes on 242 Posts
Your complete model number is WRF990SLAM00

Originally a W10347637 ice maker was used and it was subbed to a W10498261 ice maker.

I haven't seen any real issues with the older one and I don't know why it was substituted to a new part unless it had an unknown issue or the production run had just ended.

The problem is that they don't use one particular ice maker in just one unit. The same ice maker could be found in hundreds of models so that changing to a different model doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a away from the problem.

I'm actually surprised they replaced the entire fridge as the ice maker is easily removed and replaced.