GE Front load washer basket has eccentric spin.

Old 02-22-13, 02:53 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up GE Front load washer basket has eccentric spin.

Hello everybody,

I have been reading all the different posts related to shaking front load washer, but have not come across one that has my problem. If you guys have an idea what could it be please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

The problem is, the machine basket spins uneven. I have taken the top, bottom front and motor covers to see it run and observed it in spin mode. The basket has a small eccentric spin, but the tub and the rest of the machine do not move or shake. As the basket spins faster, then due to the eccentricity I start getting a outside shake.

The shocks are fine as well as the springs. What else could it be? I am thinking on taking it apart but would not know what to look for.

Thanks ahead of time.

Old 02-22-13, 04:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Need to level washer, Has nothing to do with level of washer but has all to do with all 4 legs on the floor. Put 3 or 4 towels in washer get them wet, put washer into spin do not try to level until washer is in high speed When washer gets to high spin turn 1 of the front legs, if going the right way if will settle out, Could take as little as 1/2 turn, Before you start this make sure you have all the wiggle out of washer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: