Maytag Upright Freezer Will Not Go To Zero

Old 03-27-13, 01:54 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Maytag Upright Freezer Will Not Go To Zero

I have maytag upright freezer MQU2057AEW about 8 yrs.old which was making a loud noise but i had the dial on 2.5.
We thought that maybe we needed to put dial at a cooler temp & when we put it dial #4 the temp came down to 6 but not below zero.
A defrost heater was replaced few months ago. What should we do for freezer to go down below zero and it still makes a noisey fan motor sound.
I have made sure the air vents inside freezer is not blocked with food. The coils are in the bottom of this freezer and they have been cleaned/vacuumed

Old 03-27-13, 03:38 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
My husband rechecked the freezer air vents inside and found something blocking the way. So now the freezer has returned to zero but it still has a noisey fan motor sound

Old 03-27-13, 04:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm looking at the service schematic for your unit and it doesn't show a fan but it's shown on the illustration and parts break out. Very strange.

Anyway, there is a fan behind the evaporator coil that circulates the cold air thru the unit. You could try oiling it with a drop or two of 3in1 oil but that isn't always effective. There are four screws in the back panel that will need to be removed. Lift up on panel to remove.

The link below is the breakdown for your unit. Click on the link. After it opens click on "view full size" under the small illustration. It will open on a new page. Click on the new illustration and it will open to full screen. Use the arrow buttons to navigate. The fan motor is part # 19. The actual part # is 3-60336-001

Searspartsdirect-Maytag-Freezer-Parts

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: