bosch dishwasher self test?

Old 03-28-13, 06:13 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
bosch dishwasher self test?

I have a bosch shx45 dishwasher that has been acting up.It makes loud noises and will not fill with water.If I fill it with a pitcher it works fine but still makes the loud noise periodically through-out the wash cycle.I have found a self test online but my machine is'nt running through it correctly.I hold the power scrub and reg wash button down,turn on the power switch,then release and press the power scrub and reg wash buttons again.The power scrub and auto wash buttons flash but thats it.How long does this test take?do I need to close the door(it has the hidden controls)?From what I've been reading I suspect the fill valve but would like to get a good test. Also I don't see a float switch in the tub Does anyone know where it is located.I did remove the lower front kick panel and removed the insulation.As far as I can tell there is no water in the flood pan if that was the flood pan I was checking. Thank you.

Old 03-28-13, 08:42 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,330 Votes on 1,229 Posts
I don't work on many Bosch dishwashers but maybe I can help.

A full model number would be helpful.

If you look under the front of the machine you should see the hot water supply line. That connects directly to the fill valve.

Do you have a voltmeter and know how to use it ?

I'm concerned with the loud noise(s) during wash. That almost sounds like something is caught in the grinder/pump. Has anything, like glass, been broken inside the machine ?

Old 03-29-13, 06:36 AM
S
The full number is shx45p02uc/64.I had found the fill valve but was looking for the float switch,I was assuming it was in the tub but there isn't anything in it that even remotely looks like a float .

Old 03-29-13, 06:40 AM
S
Also,I do have a multi-meter and am quite handy with it.

Old 03-29-13, 08:31 AM
S
I've made some progress this morning.The only part of this machine that can be accessed with it installed is the fill valve.I removed it and confirmed 120 volts at the plug.I also found that with the fill valve diconnected the machine still makes a loud humm.Upon futher investigation I found that the pan under the machine does indeed have water in it,somethings leaking and its dirty water so I know it isn't the fill valve.I think that the loud hum is coming from the pump although it does work at this time.unfortunatly I think the next step is to pull the machine out and run a full cycle.

Old 03-29-13, 11:43 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,330 Votes on 1,229 Posts
That is correct. You will have to pull the machine out to access the float switch system.

In the link below.....click on "parts replacement" and the video walks you thru the float switch assembly.

Float Switch Information

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: