Bosch dishwasher top spray arm problem

Old 03-31-13, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bosch dishwasher top spray arm problem

Bosch dishwasher SGV57T03GB/02 in England.

The top spray arm is not rotating.

The filters in the bottom of the machine are clean.

Have inspected outlet holes in both spray arms, they are clear. The top spray arm rotates easily when flicked with a finger.

I did find some debris partially blocking the water course in the bottom of the sump (after the filters, before the pump impeller). Cleaned it out but problem persists.

The machine appears to be filling and draining normally. If the wash cycle is interrupted by opening the door there is plenty of water in bottom of machine. Did try adding another half litre just in case but no improvement.

Have seen some instructional videos on You Tube re dismantling the lower reaches of the machine but have not found how to diagnose exactly what the problem is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Martin.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-13, 12:17 AM
Group Moderator
Received 477 Votes on 447 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

When you remove the filter in the bottom of the machine.....you are looking for soap/debris in the sump area. You are also making sure that all the impeller blades are intact.

You also need to check the connection to the upper arm where the top rack slides in.

Repair Clinic has several videos on their site which may also be helpful. The link is below.

Bosch Dishwasher Model SGV57T03GB/02 - RepairClinic

Old 04-01-13, 06:13 AM
Group Moderator
Received 298 Votes on 272 Posts
Before tearing the machine apart I would remove the top spray arm. It comes out pretty easily. Then hold it in it's operating position and use a hose or spigot to run water into the center to make sure it actually comes out the holes in the arm. I ran into one a couple years ago where dried (hard) beans had somehow gotten inside. When not running the holes all looked clear but when water flowed through the arms the beans were pushed to the holes where they plugged them. In short order all the holes were plugged and the arm stopped. Once the machine stopped and there was no water pressure the beans fell back inside the arm and the holes looked clear.

While the arm is removed it's also a good time to run the machine and see if water comes out of the hole in the back of the machine that feeds the upper spray arm. If it does then you don't need to dig into the machinery under the washer since you know the problem is somewhere in the water tube or spray arm.

Old 04-03-13, 02:25 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Removed both baskets and opened door while machine was running. Bottom spray arm jetting water up to roof of machine, but did not see water coming from pipe at back of cabinet where upper arm plugs in. With top basket in place occasionally see water running out of holes in upper spray arm.

Dishwasher is working fine for bottom basket, whether half load button is pressed or not.

The videos I had already found were from Repair Clinic.

I am inclined to think that maybe the problem is the re-circulating pump or some obstruction in the water ways inside the sump.

Repair Clinics ten minute video on changing this pump or it's impeller seems a good time challenge but I think I'll wait until I have the odd hour or two. Bearing in mind "her in doors" will require machine to be reassembled and working (even at half ****) while waiting for new parts.

The only other thing that I can think of is an electrical problem in the control system relating to the half load button. Is there any easy way to check this?

Martin.

Old 04-03-13, 08:32 AM
Group Moderator
Received 477 Votes on 447 Posts
The half load cycle would not reduce pressure to the wash system. It would more likely shorten the wash cycle.