kenmore he2t washing maching

Old 05-03-13, 10:22 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
kenmore he2t washing maching

i am sorry but the wife is washing rite now so i cant see the model but it is a he2t by kenmore. this thing is shaking my house apart. it pretty much only does the bad shaking on the first spin at 37 minutes. i have already replaced all 4 shocks and when i did that i checked the gear and it had no slop at all look great. only thing i cou;dnt see was the any springs.. i have been seeing online that most if not all of these he2t machines have tub springs that connect the tub to the top of the frame. would this be correct and could this be the problem causeing all the shaking? i am not sure what else it could be. i understand that these are going to shake a little but i can see the tub moving 2 to 3 inches when its doing it bad. i am starting to think (if it has them) the springs are broke or loose!. can someone tell me if this could be it and how to see them or get to them.

ok took the top off and found the springs. they are there and connected. but can these springs go bad? get stretched? if not i am sure what else it could be. this is crazy!

Last edited by slreno; 05-03-13 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-03-13, 03:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I have had that experience once. Daughter had her Washer and Dryer up on those drawered pedestals. Shook the house like a freight train coming through. Took them off the pedestals and it purred like a kitten. Those pedestals are worthless and have no structure to them at all. Just wanted to be sure you didn't have them, and if you did, ditch them.

Old 05-03-13, 04:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Sounds like A LEVELING PROBLEM, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LEVEL. pUT 3 OR 4 TOWELS IN BASKET AND GET WET. Let washer get to high spin Don't try before high spin adjust one of the front legs (easiest to reach) if starts to shake more going wrong way. Could take a little a 1/2 turn to stop depending how far off it is. Before you start make sure there is no movement of washer when you shake iy by hand. Hope it is not in a washer pan very hard to do if in a pan.

Old 05-04-13, 06:07 AM
S
no, they are not on the peds.. this has me baffled.. ity has new shocks and gears seems fine. cant tell with the springs. do these springs go weak after time?

Old 05-04-13, 06:11 AM
S
the high spin is not the problem.. the high spin is quiet as can be.. its the slow spin at 37 minutes. the first spin, it seems to be a slower speed spin at that time. towards the end of cycle is when it does the high speed spins and it is very quit on them.

Old 05-04-13, 09:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Springs can go weak but very rare. The slow speed spin speeds I have no know repair. That is where the washer tries to balance.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: