Samsung Fridge is too cold in the freezer

Old 06-28-13, 08:19 AM
That's what I am thinking as I keep the house AC at 78 degrees or less.
And my primary complaint all along has been that we cannot get the freezer warmer than 0 degrees.
I have now contacted the AZ state attorney generals office to see if appliances have a lemon law attached to them.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-13, 08:50 AM
While for some reason when the subcontractor was contacted again last week about the control boards and ability to fix the problem they gave me a full day of waiting tomorrow from 8 to 5 versus a normal morning or afternoon period for the service call. But they told me to call back today to find out if that would be morning or afternoon, so I did that.
A & E tells me this morning that they won't know about tomorrow's schedule until tomorrow and to call back then.
This repair has been nothing but a nightmare. I guess I'm lucky that I am retired I would certainly hate to see a working family dealing with all these repair appointments for the last 6 weeks and the incompetence of the subcontractor and its inability to repair the simple appliance.

Old 07-02-13, 10:05 AM
Well the subcontractor was here and left. I told him that since the control board was installed and the temperatures had not changed in the refrigerator/freezer that I played around with the temperature controls on the front of the unit that control the refrigerator and the freezer and they seem to make no difference whatsoever. It's as if they're not even hooked up.
He pulled a control board out and inspected it and we both noticed that the transformer seemed to be hot and putting off a burnt odor. He ordered yet another control board for this refrigerator and said that I should have it before the 15th of July and set another install appointment for that date. That's two weeks!
And replacing the control board where there is a defective transformer I seriously doubt would address the problem that the front controls on this refrigerator are not functioning.

At this rate of repair my warranty will be up this fall before they ever fix the problem.

On edit, I called Samsung Corporate and told them I don't think they are getting their monies worth with the quality of the repair that I am getting and I want this box fixed and that two weeks is entirely too long to wait for a control board (again) and that I did not think that replacing it would have much of an effect. I also told them that the techs are not fixing the problem and I am not happy.
They in turn agree that this should not happen and they are arranging a replacement refrigerator from Lowe's where I purchased it last November.
I certainly hope that this next unit has no problems.

Last edited by keninaz; 07-02-13 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-02-13, 10:11 PM
Group Moderator
I could see this solution coming. I'm glad they agreed to give you a new unit.

Now.....make sure it works perfectly when you get it...... don't wait

Just kidding..... quite a saga...... and the finale is near.

Old 09-20-13, 07:57 AM
Angry Same Problem

I am having the same issue and so far have been visited by 2 contractors two times each. First replaced control board and then the two temperature sensors. After they replaced the sensors, the fridge worked fin for a week and now the freezer is at -20 degrees Celsius again. I was told by one tech that he though my compressor was just always on and would only shut off when overheating.

I am calling Samsung today to demand a new unit.

Old 09-20-13, 08:06 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

I was told by one tech that he though my compressor was just always on and would only shut off when overheating
Wow.... and that was a technician ?

You should have said no..... the compressor runs until the fridge turns into one big chunk of ice and at 20c (-4f) it wasn't far away.

I've been following this problem at another site and it appears to be a continuing issue. When the service people can't fix it..... it's time to go.

Old 09-20-13, 08:25 AM
I called Samsung and complained about all the appointments and lack of troubleshooting techniques by the techs that came to my home.
They agreed to give me a full refund/credit at Lowes where I had bought it.
Guess what? I did not replace it with a Samsung!

Old 09-20-13, 05:38 PM
Group Moderator
SSSSssssshhhhhhh...... not so loud

I can't blame you.

Old 09-20-13, 06:22 PM
Frankly I think it had to be a poor design. But those repair people they sent were just parts switchers and not very logical about which ones they switched either.
I bought a Whirlpool, and I don't have any idea if it made a difference but this one was made in the USA, but it works great.
It was another $700 but the wife wanted French doors and the 3 door model.
Keeping her happy now for 44 years gets expensive.

Old 09-24-13, 07:28 AM
Well I guess I got the last laugh on Samsung.
I got a phone call yesterday from an outfit that was trying to sell extended warranties for Samsung and they knew I had a Samsung Fridge and the model number.
I suspect that the telemarketer was connected with Samsung or their primary repair contractor in some manner as that is who all the attempted repairs were done by A&E Factory Service, which in turn is owned and operated by Whirlpool.
So I baited them just a bit and asked them why I should consider an extended warranty with their organization when they attempted repairs many times and could not seem to fix the problem. I asked them why I should have faith in their ability to repair anything.
The telemarketer fumbled around and I finally told them that Samsung took the unit back and I no longer owned the product.
I also informed them I was reporting them for calling as I am on the Do Not Call List.