Fridge making popping sound

Old 06-03-13, 05:51 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fridge making popping sound

I have a new GE French door fridge, model GFSS6KKYSS, that is making a intermittent "popping" sound. There is a member, HotRod53F100, that has a way to fix it. I tried to message him but his messenger file is full and will not take any new messages so I thought I would check with the rest of you experts. Any ideas?????

Old 06-03-13, 08:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
There is a stab at a cure. It doesn't always work and it could be dangerous/risky to try if it's the fix I've heard of.

If the liquid line filter is now mounted horizontally you can bend the tubing so that the filter is now at a 45 degree angle instead of level. You must be very careful to not kink the soft copper lines.

The filter is located underneath the rear of the fridge in the compressor compartment. It is approximately an inch wide and six inches long. It will have a large line and a very small line connecting to it. It's made of copper and may be painted black.

Your fridge is new. Did you try contacting the place you bought it from ? This is VERY common problem. Frigidaire's have the same issue. I'd complain continuously and get it replaced.

ON EDIT: The following link contains Hot Rods fixes.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-have-fix.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: