Kenmore washer 110 22922 100 leaves clothes with lint etc on clothes

Old 06-03-13, 07:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 7 Votes on 4 Posts
Kenmore washer 110 22922 100 leaves clothes with lint etc on clothes

I tend to get long winded but I'll try to make it brief.

Kenmore Washer
Model: 110 22922 100
S/N: CL 19116792
Type: 111

Probably 10 years old & for the last year or so, its been leaving more & more lint & fuzz etc on the clothes after washing is complete.

She has cleaned the inside of the tub without taking anything apart. She has run Clorox, baking powder, vinegar & everything else she can think of through a complete washing (without clothes of course) to try to clean this thing. We don't know if there are filters, if it just needs a cleaning, taking it apart & cleaning, or if it just wont clean the wash completely when draining or spinning or what. We are at a loss. She has changed laundry detergents too.

Additional info, we live in the swamp lands of Louisiana right in the middle of a Gumbo swamp. If you know about Gumbo mud, it shrinks & expands by inches. In short, the foundation is cracked & the house rises & falls with the rains or droughts. Therefore we THINK we have collapsed clay sewer lines under the slab. Therefore, the lines are clogged with gumbo, roots & everything else you can think of & probably a 'possum or two living in there.
So, the laundry room doesn't drain very well. In order to keep the washer from draining too fast & backing up the sewer lines & backing up into the house, once the wash is complete, she has to stop the washer & put it on the gentle cycle or something so it doesn't drain so fast. It doesn't matter if she is washing blue jeans or sweaters, she has to put it on the gentle cycle in order to drain slowly enough that the sewer line doesn't back up & over flow back into the laundry room.

I have no idea if anything in the story has anything to do with clothes coming out of a complete wash with fuzz & lint etc.... but I tried to include everything we could come up with. It could be, the washer is just like she & I... just worn out.

I hope its not too confusing.

Again, as always, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-13, 08:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 257 Votes on 242 Posts
You have the Whirlpool version with the pump that clips on to the end of the motor.

You could remove the pump and check it for clogs or something stuck in it. Also....running it at a slower speed like on gentle may not be discharging all the lint.

In the link below look for replacement tips to locate video.

Drain Pump Replacement Repair Clinic

Old 06-04-13, 01:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 16 Posts
Most likely you will have to get sewer lie fixed for washer to drain right and remove lint.

Old 06-04-13, 01:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 7 Votes on 4 Posts
Thanks for your input guys

Anyone else with ideas or input?