Kenmore 110.23822100 washer skips spin cycle. But, you can manually run it

Old 06-11-13, 06:37 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore 110.23822100 washer skips spin cycle. But, you can manually run it

I have a Kenmore 110.23822100 top loader that will run through all the cycle and at the end skips the spin cycle. If you go back and manually set it back to spin, it will run through it fine. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-13, 06:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Old 06-11-13, 06:58 AM
Thx for the input. The lid switch assembly was replaced a little bit ago. And it can't be that, since it will actually run through the spin cycle. You just have to do it manually. And since it does run through the cold water rinse cycle. It is probably not the inlet valve. So, that leads to the timer. Which, of course, is the most expensive part. And at least, at that site, is out of stock. Even if it was, I am not sure I am willing to take a chance that it fixes the problem when it may not. HomeAppliancesPart, through Amazon does seem to have it in stock for a good bit less though. Hmmm

Old 06-11-13, 08:49 AM
Group Moderator
Received 412 Votes on 387 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Since you've addresses the lid switch that points to a timer fault.

Have you been at the machine at that point ? Does the machine just go quiet ?

Old 06-11-13, 05:05 PM
OK, I watched a cycle run all the way through. So, as the washer goes through the final rinse cycle, it does the rinse and begins to spin the tub and after short bit, the tub stops spinning. But, I can still here the motor running like it is trying to spin the tub. If I stop the cycle and move the dial forward a bit. And then start it again. It does actually spin the tub and finish the cycle.

Old 06-12-13, 03:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
Look inside cabinet about 6 inches from floor you you may see a streak of oil. If there you need a gearcase top seal, clutch and drive coupler. lean washer back against wall to look under it.

Old 06-13-13, 08:28 AM
Good call, that's exactly what I see. Anyone have any ideas on approximate repair costs for that? It's probably beyond repairs I can do myself. And the unit is fairly old, at this point, so I need to decide if it is worth fixing or just go get a new washer.

Old 06-13-13, 02:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
Between 200 to 400 dollars, Less than 75 if you do it yourself. Google Whrilpool gearcase repair and will find many helpful sites. Here is one of many
Transmission Replacement (part #3360629) - Whirlpool/ Kenmore Washer Repair - YouTube