Kenmore Elite Washer Model 110.45986402

Old 06-13-13, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Elite Washer Model 110.45986402 Very Loud!

Washer seems to be running through its cycles correctly, it is just very loud! When we bought the washer about 6 years ago, it was very quiet. Now, during the spin cycle the washer is just way too noisy.

I've removed the back cover of the machine and there is a lot of metal "dust" in the bottom and on the back drum. When I spin the basket by hand, it makes a grinding sound from the back of the tub. I would guess the bearing in the rear drum is bad.

Can the bearing itself be replaced or do I have to replace the entire rear drum (ouch $400)?

Is there a manual or write up somewhere on how to remove the pulley, drum, basket etc... to get at the bearing?

Thanks!
Stephen

Last edited by skkzhg; 06-13-13 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Correct Errors
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-13, 08:40 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old 06-13-13, 09:05 AM
Group Moderator
Received 477 Votes on 447 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The entire assembly gets replaced. You can shop around for the part. Check at Amazon.
The FSP #W10253866

I was also just reading that the tub comes with a 10 years warranty on parts. Of course, no labor included and I'd doubt Kenmore would just ship out the part.

This is not an easy job. You may want to opt for a Sears one year service plan for about 300.00 Might be an effective way to get machine fixed and recieive an additional one year warranty.

Old 06-13-13, 02:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
Look in owners manual under warranty. Most tub had a 10 year warranty and basket is lifetime. You will need both rear tub and basket. Basket shaft goes bad where runs on bearing.Check front tub around opening for any flakes of plastic, if there you will also need front tub. Couple of years only had 1 year warranty,