frigidaire fridge water dispenser no longer dispenses

Old 06-16-13, 07:07 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
frigidaire fridge water dispenser no longer dispenses

model number is PLHS39EESN

manufacture of 09-05

when the paddle is pushed, you here a click, and it sounds like it is trying to "pump", but nothing comes out.

i removed the front panel at the bottom, and disconnected the connector, still nothing when the paddle is pushed.

so i removed the rear access panel to investigate. i removed the clear plastic line which is the first point of entry, upon pushing the paddle, water comes out.

it seems like there might be a blockage somewhere in one of the lines etc.

any advice??

Old 06-16-13, 07:13 PM
D
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 53 Votes on 45 Posts
There is a water filter in there somewhere. My bet is... its stopped up. The one for my Kenmore refrigerator is about $35.

Old 06-16-13, 07:16 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Old 06-16-13, 07:24 PM
D
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 53 Votes on 45 Posts
User manual to locate & replace water filter:

Frigidaire PHS39EJSS | User Manual - Page 13

Old 06-16-13, 08:34 PM
I
PLHS39EESSN,

i went up to confirm the model number and tried it for ****s, and it works fine now.

i bumped up the temp on the fridge earlier, cuz i thought there might be ice in the line.

is that possible??

Old 06-16-13, 11:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,316 Votes on 1,216 Posts
The model number you have posted just above is valid.

Your unit uses a triple solenoid valve. It's setup so that you can change the water filter without any water leaking into the fridge.

You don't have water being dispensed at the door. You hear at least one solenoid opening but possibly not both.

As others have mentioned above....possibly a plugged filter.

Is it making ice ?

Yes.....it is possible for the water to freeze. There is a connection at the top or bottom of the door where the water line can be taken apart. If you can blow air into the door then it's not frozen.

Old 06-17-13, 08:55 PM
I
when i disconnected the line at the bottom, then pushed the paddle, no water came out the bottom bit. is the fridge not cold enough with all that tube coiled up, to freeze there??? the temp is set to 37-39 F.

if the solenoid went bad, would it come and go?? the fridge did this about 4-6 months ago too.

Old 06-17-13, 09:42 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,316 Votes on 1,216 Posts
when i disconnected the line at the bottom, then pushed the paddle, no water came out the bottom bit.
That doesn't tell me much.

Let me explain how it works and we'll go from there. You have a triple water valve. Either the ice maker or the door dispenser.... when used will activate the main valve. The water goes from the main valve thru the water filter and back to the other two valves. One of them for the icemaker and one for drinking water. So when the ice maker needs water.... it activates the main valve and the ice maker control valve.
When you want drinking water.....it activates the main valve and the drinking water control valve.

In my previous post.... I asked about the ice maker.
If the ice maker appears to be working normally....then that would mean that the main valve and the ice maker control valve is working.

When you press the tab for water...you hear a click...that's probably the main valve working and the control valve is not working.

Old 06-22-13, 10:24 AM
I
gotcha, thanks for breaking it down. if it continues to happen, i might just order a new valve.

its only happened twice in the last 18 months, and started to work again within a day.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: