Frigidaire Refrigerator

Old 08-24-13, 06:39 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire Refrigerator

I have a Frigidaire top mount frig. The model # is GLRT184RAB7.The freezer will not freeze. The food gets cold but it does not freeze anything. The refrigerator will not get cold. It only cools the items. I have turned the thermostat for each and nothing happens. I removed a panel on the lower rear of the frig and cleaned the coils. I removed alot of dust bunnies. I don't know what to do next

Last edited by Dette; 08-24-13 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-24-13, 09:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,117 Upvotes on 3,697 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

While you were down below cleaning the dust bunnies.....did you notice a fan ? The cleaning process needs to be done with the unit unplugged. After full cleaning plug unit back in and see if that fan is running.

You could also have a defrost issue. If the evaporator in the freezer doesn't get defrosted there is very little airflow thru that coil and into the fridge.

There is also a fan in between the fridge and freezer that circulates the cold air that could be non functioning.

An easy way to determine if you have a defrost issue is to unplug the fridge and allow it to unthaw for a day. If you can't do that then I can instruct you in taking the freezer apart to get to the coil.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: