Whirlpool. Icemaker not filling.

Old 09-01-13, 12:23 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool. Icemaker not filling.

I have WP model ED5JHGXRB00. The ice maker tines rotate and when it stops in the cycle where it pushes out the cubes, it stops in the up positions. I believe that is when the water should fill the tray. No water comes out. Front water works fine. Can I test the water inlet valve by disconnecting he inlet tube where it enters the freezer from the back and see if water comes out during a cycle?

Old 09-01-13, 12:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
The tines travel in a 360 degree circle. They usually end up pointing at the freezer wall. If you looked in the freezer from the front..... the tines would point to roughly 10 oclock. I just used the look in as a reference because if you look in from the front the ice maker would block your view.

If I suspect a fill valve issue.... I roll the fridge out and check the valve with a meter. It's located at the bottom rear where the water enters. You will probably see two valves. One for water and one for the ice maker.

Old 09-02-13, 07:09 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It seems the tines stop at the farthest point after pushing out the cubes into the tray. From the front, that would be 2 o'clock. I have looked at and taken out the valve. There are 2 electrical connections and three water tubes. What should I be reading from the meter at which points.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: