Kenmore Ultrawash impellor removal

Old 05-26-00, 12:46 PM
Visiting Guest
I need to get into the pum of my Kenmore Ultrawash dishwasher, but the motor turns with the nut which holds the plastic impellor in. Is there some way to lock the motor? There's a big nut on the side of the motor which looks like a locking mechanism, but it is fully tightened and seems to have no effect.

Old 05-26-00, 03:55 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink

HI,
I do not suggest jamming anything int othe motor!...to easy to damage the motor!
You have to grab ahold of the impellor with your hand to hold it still ( use a rag )...but if the screw is rusted into place this can be very difficult....if you are replacing the impeelors, try a piar of pliers to help hold the impellor....
Some seal and impellor kits have a "tool" that fits over the impellor to help hold it still while to "fight" the screw....but not all Kenmores are the same...in fact there have been several companies making Kenmore, so there are different pump assemblies...a model # would help narrow down which one you have.
Hope this helps,
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid

Old 03-21-07, 09:41 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore diswasher - can't get impellor off.

I have the same problem as the person that initially posted here: I think there's some stuff stuck in the garbage disposal part of the dishwasher (Kenmore portable Ultra Wash, Model Series 17795) since there's a grinding noise when we run it. I've managed to take off the arm that sprays water up and part of the cover under that. So at this point there's a rotating component, which I've gathered is the impellor, with a nut in the middle. I've tried keeping the rotor still with a wrench, but the rotor is made of plastic and the wrench is tearing it up. As for holding it with a rag, I don't see how it's possible; there's no room to do so. Is there a way to take off the casing around the rotor without taking off the rotor first? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: