Washer not spinning

Old 10-30-13, 09:25 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Washer not spinning

I have similar issue with spin cycle, but with a new twist. All wash cycles work correctly however when spin cycle is supposed to be spinning, you hear something running as if in the spin cycle, but the tub is not spinning. If you push in the knob and pull back out to engage the cycle the spin cycle starts as normal.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-13, 03:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Moved post to many different post.
1st Look inside cabinet about 6 inches from floor you you may see a streak of oil. If there you need a gearcase top seal, clutch and drive coupler. lean washer back against wall to look under it.
When washer first goes to spin it will drain but it not spin until you or timer stops, there will be a pause. After pause the washer will spin. That is what the neutral kit is for,

Old 10-30-13, 05:01 PM
J
thanks for the response, I realized there needed to be a pause for the spin to start. So I replaced the timer but the problem reamined. After going through the cycles you hear something spinning or running but the tub is not moving. push in and pull the knob works like a champ in the spin cycle. Could that be the neutral kit if no oil is present? Model LA 5550xtwo (Whirlpool) is there a check for the need for a neutral Kit?

Old 10-30-13, 05:04 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Old 10-30-13, 05:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Yes could be but hard to tell. Remember the first part of spin cycle only drains.