Dishwasher Peace of Mind

Old 11-06-13, 05:52 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher Peace of Mind

I just need some peace of mind here, I think I am having two unrelated problems at once but want to make sure.

For the last month or two, water would collect slowly in the dishwasher over time as it was not being used. Over the course of a day or so it would fill up to the door which is probably a gallon or two. If you let it go for over a day, it would leak out of the door. We would just start and stop the washer which would kick the drain pump on and clear it. I just last week replaced the inlet valve and it appears to have corrected the problem. However, the last couple times I ran the dishwasher, water has leaked out the door. I saw it twice and it was just a few drops, but last night I got confident and ran it while I was sleeping, and of course, today I find about a glass of water's worth of water has spilled out. I'm 100% confident it's from the door area, not the inlet valve, because I put a toekick in front of the dishwasher base and it was completely dry, so the water was coming out from in front of the dishwasher, out the door.

If water's coming out the door while it's running, I obviously think gasket, which doesn't look new. But any time I have two unrelated problems happening at once, I get nervous I'm missing some connection. Do you agree that this is just an unfortunate coincidence? I'm sick of ordering parts for this thing.

Schematic: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...2/1428/0130000

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-06-13, 08:41 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Most likely a co-incidence. After the unit fills with water and starts to wash.... hit stop or open the door.....slowly. Does the water level appear high like it may overflow the door ? It should not be over the float.

I've seen a problems with cracked spray arms. Check out the link below. It discusses how to check the spray arms.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Leaking - Model FDB520RHS2

Old 11-06-13, 09:04 PM
D
Thanks PJMax.

When running, it does not look like it'll overflow the door-- always steady around the height that the door joint is (consistent w/ what I'm guessing is the float). After reading your post, I looked at them and they look good to me.

Any more thoughts?

Old 11-10-13, 09:24 AM
D
I replaced the gasket and have run it 4 or 5 times without issues, so I'm guardedly concluding that it's good. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: