GE Mongram dishwasher is not draining

Old 11-13-13, 12:54 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE Mongram dishwasher is not draining

Hi,
I have 5 yrs old GE Monogram dishwasher (model# ZBD6880N20SS) that won't drain. I cleaned everything; high loop is there - but still there's plenty of dirty water at the end of the cycle. I tried couple of times to drain the water out manually by starting the cycle, waiting for 10 sec and then pressing "Start" button for 30 seconds. It starts draining for about a minute and then stops. Eventually, it pumps the water out, but it takes too many attempts.

What else should I check?

Thank you!

Old 11-13-13, 09:27 PM
H
I am not an appliance repair person but have done a few things with dishwashers. It could be a number of things maybe a pump motor going bad or even a belt slipping. It could even be an air gap going bad as they can get junk inside them from just doing the dishes by hand. When we first had a dishwasher installed here at our house I asked my plumber if he was going to use that to install the dishwasher. He said no I don't believe in them they just cause problems, so if you have an air gap consider removing it.

I have a couple of links to help you diagnose your problems and a list one contains a list of possible parts but is generic and not specific to your dishwasher. Here is the first one with a list of possible parts How To Fix Dishwasher That Won't Drain | Dishwasher Repair . Here is the second link GE Support: Dishwashers this is from GE where you can search their knowledge base and look at some videos GE has.

Old 11-14-13, 03:51 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Old 11-28-13, 10:26 AM
P
Hi,
Thank you for your replies. I've tested the drain pump with a multimeter - it reads 24,4. Does it mean it's faulty? If it's not, what other parts should I check? I've checked a drain hose as we'll - everything is alright.
Thank you.

Old 11-28-13, 10:35 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,139 Upvotes on 3,717 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You don't have a dishwasher that won't drain. You have a won't drain completely problem which probably means the motor on the pump is ok. I would remove the pump from the dishwasher and check it for something clogging it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: