Spin Cycle not working properly-Have to run it twice

Old 11-17-13, 02:35 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Spin Cycle not working properly-Have to run it twice

Hello all.

I'm looking for help today with my Kitchenaid KAWE760WWH3 washer. The washer itself seems to be working fine other then the spin cycle. I'll list the details as best I can.

The spin cycle works, but doesn't seem to get up to speed. I don't hear any noises (grinding, squealing, knocking etc.) When I open the lid, clothes are still really wet and there's a little water pooled up in the tub. Now when I run the spin cycle again it gets up to speed just fine and clothes are wrung out great.

Last people who used the machine only ran cold washes and when I moved in last year I cleaned a lot of gunk (dried up soap etc.) from the top part of tub, but didn't open up the washer completely. I did run a full wash cycle with no clothes with vinegar and another with citric acid powder. They apparently ran the machine A LOT and were not the greatest tenants. I rent and the machine was left here. If I can't fix it I'll have to buy a new one but if I can hold off and fix the problem myself I'd like to save a little money right now.

Only things I can seem to narrow it down to is either the drive block or clutch.
Or the pump/drain tube might just be gunked up. I do notice tiny black specks/flakes on clothes sometimes after washing them.

Any opinions would be helpful before I start ordering parts and tinkering with this. Thanks.

Old 11-17-13, 02:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Look inside cabinet about 6 inches from floor you you may see a streak of oil. If there you need a gearcase top seal, clutch and drive coupler. lean washer back against wall to look under it.

Old 11-18-13, 12:26 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I will check it out as soon I can. Might not be able to do it right away. Lot's of OT at work.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: