whirlpool washer leaking cold clean water

Old 12-06-13, 08:43 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
whirlpool washer leaking cold clean water

A couple of weeks ago I had a leaking supply line on the cold side of my whirlpool washing machine LXR9245EQ0. I bought and changed both the hot and cold lines. I mistakenly crossed up the lines. When I went to check the water coming in the washer I immediately noticed it and changed the line in the back of the washer. After that I noticed a little bit of cold clean water dripping from under the washer. It seems to only drip while the washer is filling. Doesn't drip when the Hot water is filling. I haven't taken the back off the machine yet. I just wondered what I might be looking at before I dive in to the washer.

Attached Images  
Old 12-06-13, 10:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,149 Upvotes on 3,726 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I see your problem in the picture..... you only have half a machine

I'd say you have a problem with/or around the fill valve. In the link below is a video that illustrates the replacement of the part. You can also use it to show you how to access the area to check the fill valve assembly for leaks.

Water Inlet Valve Replacement (part #285805) - Whirlpool/ Kenmore Washer Repair - YouTube

Old 12-06-13, 11:43 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Have you checked to see if the cold water line is leaking where it connects to the machine?

Old 12-07-13, 01:58 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 78 Upvotes on 71 Posts
DO NOT TRY TO TAKE BACK OFF WASHER, REPAIRS ARE FROM FRONT Make sure that you have not cross threaded the supply lines , very easy to do as it is a plastic valve.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: