Dishwasher Installation Question

Old 12-11-13, 07:01 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher Installation Question

The underside of our granite countertop is 35 1/8" from the floor. My new replacement dishwasher has a max height of 34 1/2". Do you recommend putting blocks underneath the wheels, or is that gap acceptable in your opinion? This dishwasher will probably be side mounted because of the granite.

Old 12-11-13, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Yes I put shims under to get as high as possible.... The access door on the bottom of the unit adjusts so no gaps are seen....

Old 12-11-13, 07:28 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. It's kind of ridiculous in my opinion that the legs don't go to 35".

The previous installer wasn't willing to side mount the replacement dishwasher like the previous unit because the holes were a different size or something. So he raised it as high as possible which caused the top brackets (which aren't screwed in since we have granite) to rub up against the door. So he removed the brackets and now the door glances the countertop, scuffing the top of the door near the controls. The bottom panel doesn't quite reach the floor at this height.

Old 12-11-13, 02:32 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Does your floor extend under the dishwasher? If it doesn't, it should. There is no reason not to screw the brackets to the underside of the granite counter top.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: